Each team needs to take basic security precautions:
- Disable inactive teammate accounts after >3 months of inactivity
- Remove inactive teammates from /etc/doas.conf and from group wheel
- Change passwords for shared root accounts every 6 months. For example, web panels with serial console access should have their passwords reset. This basic precaution helps security leaks.
- Make sure to share the new passwords with your teammates!
- Check /etc/doas.conf, /etc/group, and /etc/master.passwd (use vipw only to prevent file corruption) to make sure that only authorized users are present