Connecting on Windows
- Open PuTTY:
email@example.com-- for example, if your username is john, and your server address is fruit.ircnow.org, then fill in
Openat the bottom.
- Verify the SSH host keys:
- You can consult the SSH Fingerprints page or check the DNS SSHFP records.
- Type in your password (the password is invisible):
For additional security, you can use a public/private key pair to login. This will avoid using passwords, which might be less secure.
- Generate the .ppk file:
- Paste the public key (the .ppk file) into ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
- Open PuTTY and load the key