Become a Minute-min!
Minute-min are sysadmins who can respond within a minute's notice to network threats.
- Become an IRC oper and staff on IRCNow
- Learn BSD sysadmin
- Hang out with friends while improving IRC
- Add a new work experience for your CV/resume
- Help improve freedom on the internet
This is currently an unpaid position.
How to Apply
- If you're new to Unix, create a free shell account and finish the unix101 tutorial.
- Join us over on IRC on one of our servers on #team
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get verified using any one method below:
- Find a mutual friend who can refer you to IRCNow staff, OR
- Contribute 2 wiki articles, OR
- Share a code project you've worked on, OR
- Share a personal social media/website/blog you write for
- After you finish training, you'll get interviewed, and if you qualify, you'll be promoted to staff!
- Keep in regular contact with us on IRC
- Commit to help your team for a minimum of 5 hours per week
- Finish Sysadmin Training in one month.
- Work on the IRCNow Roadmap
- You must be willing to help with customer support, documentation, and basic coding