Join the IRCNow Helpers!
If you would like to help IRCNow but lack sysadmin skills, you can join our team of helpers.
- 'Free hosting for open source apps'
- Set up your own servers for gaming, radio stations, blogs, wikis, bots, and much more
- Hang out with friends while improving IRC
- Learn some programming
- Add a new work experience for your CV/resume
- Help improve freedom on the internet
This would be purely a non-paid, volunteer role.
How to Apply
- Learn how to ask smart questions.
- Become familiar with our goals for IRC, our commitment to user freedom, and the UNIX philosophy.
- Connect to one of our servers using IRC and /join #team
- Chat with our sysadmins. If they are interested in your project, they will mentor you and invite you to work with their team.
- You must commit a minimum of 5 hours per week to help your team
- Help with the IRCNow Roadmap
- Optionally, you can help with third party software
- Help with customer support, marketing, documentation, and other non-coding tasks