Fork of 9Front:
- Separate non-free software from free software. Make sure non-free software is not downloaded by default but instead placed in a separate repository.
- Replace Aladdin Ghostscript with freely licensed version
- Allow contributions from any free license, whether it is GPL or BSD. All licenses must respect the four basic freedoms. Avoid discrimination based on licenses. Create a tolerant base for users with different beliefs and skill levels.
- Accessibility for blind, Keyboard-only access: -- Write Serial Console Guide
- Fix VNC server bug; slows to a crawl after long uptime
- Add protection against bitrot in file system
- Write Plan101 course
- Support all Linux and BSDs (?)
- Provide 9fs for every operating system
- Port Drawterm to every platform:
- iOS -- may be impossible, use vncs instead
- FreeBSD, NetBSD?
- Keep plan9port up to date for every platform
- Host files -- tech books, gutenberg.org, RFCs, librivox, wikipedia, survival books
- Add filesystems: ircfs, xmppfs, matrixfs, check nntpfs, activitypubfs, check gopherfs, geminifs, check rssfs
- Perhaps: searchable package manager with prebuilt binaries
- Write free drivers for wifi
- Write a working firewall
- VCS conversion filesystem
- Dynamically generated filesystem? like CGI
- file type conversion filesystem?
- overload existing grammar for shell verbs (commands), prepositions (pipes)
- Make it easy to port existing UNIX applications
- X11 -- just use unix and install plan9port
- Get working servers for:
- psybnc fork
- DNS (delphinusdnsd)
- HTTP server: provide compatibility with most web apps