Connecting with Thunderbird
Thunderbird is an open-source mail client that can also be used for IRC.
- Click on the menu button, then click on
- Click on
- Fill in your nickname and server (it will look like
- If you have a NickServ password, you can enter it here. Otherwise, leave this blank. NOTE: This is not the same as the bouncer password from IRCNow.
- Set port to 31337 and check
- Review the settings and click
- Click on the menu button again, then select
I accept the risk!
- In the search bar, type your username. Find your account number (in this case 1). Then, right-click on the empty area and click
messenger.account.accountN.options.serverPasswordin the field, where N is the number of the account. In this case, it is 1.
OK, then enter your bouncer username, the network you want, and bouncer password in the format
username/network:password-- for example, if your username is
johnand you want to connect to
ircnow, you might fill in
- If you see a message saying ZNC is not yet connected, type
/znc connect-- wait a few minutes to connect.